By adding a compact electrostatic panel to a center channel speaker, MartinLogan engineers have succeeded in expanding the performance dynamics of the most important speaker in your home theater system. Your center channel speaker needs to be able to reproduce the finest high frequency details. The midrange must be expansive; to reproduce every whisper of dialogue. Deep bass adds impact to the front-stage effects that anchor the action to your screen. The EM-ESL C accomplishes all this, and more.
The EM-ESL C has a shallow height CLS (Curvilinear Line Source) XStat electrostatic panel wrapped around the front of the speaker enclosure. The gentle horizontal curve of the panel enhances the output of its deceptively compact 114-square-inch radiating area, extending mid-range dispersion patterns and blending the performance seamlessly with your front-stage ElectroMotion loudspeakers.
Just behind the electrostatic panel, in a specially designed housing, sits MartinLogan’s exclusive Folded Motion Tweeter. The low-mass diaphragm of the Folded Motion Tweeter minimizes distortion, and its short excursion length reinforces its lightning fast high frequency response. The 1 x 1.4-inch Folded Motion Tweeter in the EM-ESL C has a total diaphragm area of 9.2-inches, with the ability to reproduce precise details; one of the most important jobs of a center channel speaker.
* Frequency Response: 66-23,000 Hz ± 3dB
* Horizontal Dispersion: 30 °
* Vertical Dispersion: 6.375 “(16cm) Line Source
* High Frequency Transducer: One 1” x 1.4 “(2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25 “X 1.75″ (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
* Mid Frequency Transducer: XStat ™ CLS ™ Electrostatic Transducer
* »Panel Dimensions: 6.375” x 23 “(16.1 x 58.4cm)
*» Radiating Area: 146.6 in² (940 cm²)
* Low Frequency Transducer: Two 5.25 “(13.3 cm) high excursion, high-rigidity aluminum cone with extended throw driver assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format.
* Sensitivity: 89 dB / 2.83 volt / meter
* Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
* Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-300 watts per channel
* Crossover Frequency: 600, 3400 Hz
* Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, low dcr steel laminate coils, polyester capacitors
* Inputs: Custom 5-way tool-less binding posts
* Weight: 32 lbs. (14.5 kg)
* Dimensions: (19.3cm x 57.9cm x 40.9c