Martin Logan ElectroMotion R - In Ceiling 8" Speaker - Each
5-Year Warranty Included For All Speakers
The ElectroMotion R is Martin Logan’s largest ElectroMotion in-ceiling speaker. With an 8-inch high-excursion, high-resolution woofer specially designed for accurate in-ceiling bass performance, the EM-R delivers powerful low-end bass with accuracy, authority, and extension.
MartinLogan’s exquisite Folded Motion tweeter boasts a radiating surface 8-times larger than a typical 1″ dome tweeter. The Folded Motion Tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works.
This extremely low mass diaphragm “squeezes” air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1″ dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
A robust mounting-lock system allows quick, trouble-free installation. When not in use, the constant-control mounting locks are held securely within a self-contained housing. When moved into place during installation, they couple the speaker’s chassis firmly to the ceiling. And if the speaker is ever removed, the locks retract and latch themselves back in their housings.
Installers rejoice as the Folded Motion tweeter is mounted at an angle, allowing the entire speaker to rotate to aim sound precisely where you want it.
MartinLogan’s new architectural speakers feature ultra-low profile, paintable micro perforated grilles with no visible bezel for an near invisible integration into any wall or ceiling. A magnetic system secures grilles easily into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation.
|Frequency Response||37–25kHz ±3dB|
|Dispersion||80° x 80°|
|Sensitivity||92 dB/2.83 volts/meter|
|Nominal Impedance||4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 ohm rated amplifiers.|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||20-300 watts per channel|
|Crossover Frequency||2,600 Hz|
|High Frequency Transducer||1″ x 1.4″ (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25″ x 1.75″ (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.|
|Low Frequency Driver||8″ (20.3cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Concave dust cap.|
|Overall Dimensions||11.5″ (29.3cm) Diameter|
6″ (15.2cm) Depth
|Cut-Out Dimensions||10.5″ (26.7cm) Diameter|
|Depth Required Behind Wall Surface||5.9″ (15cm)|
|Projection From Wall Surface||.125″ (.3cm)|
Air and Ground shipment time frames are business days only, and exclude weekends and/or holidays.
Orders outside the 48 continental States require Second Day or Next Day Air service.
- Air and Ground shipment time frames are business days only, and exclude weekends and/or holidays.
- Orders outside the 48 continental States require Second Day or Next Day Air service.
- Free Shipping within the Contingent United States can typically take 1-2 full weeks for delivery (or sooner). Once your product ships out we will ALWAYS email you a tracking number for your convenience to be able to track online.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING & DUTY CHARGES
NationwideStereo.com does not assess duties for international orders and they are subsequently subject to applicable customs, import duties and taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the customer. Please contact your local customs office for details.
- Nationwide Stereo guarantees you the utmost in quality, authenticity, and reputability
- 20 Day Return Policy*
- No sales tax charged as we are located out of a non sales tax state
- 1-5 Year NationwideStereo Hassle Free Replacement Warranty on all items
- are authentic, never used, in the original box with manuals.
- have a 1 to 5 year warranty program (see our warranty section for details).
Do the products you sell have a warranty?
Yes all products we sell come with an equivalent to manufacturer warranty for the same time duration as the manufacturer would supply you with. If you ever experience an issue with your item purchased from us, you will simply have to contact us for repair or replacement on your product within the warranty time period*
You may also like…
- Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL Electrostatic Floor Standing Speaker – Each
- $1,000.00 – $1,200.00
- Select options
- Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL X Floorstanding Speaker – Each
- $1,600.00 – $1,800.00
- Select options